Okay, so I'm ready!! I have two reusable pouches from Stephanie at Sand and Starfish--one large (sandwich) size and the other small (snack) size. I have been using them for a few weeks now and I've noticed that they keep my snacks fresh for up to 6 days. There are no downsides other than my students now know that I'm packin' and they're all interested to taste-test my snacks. I keep them in my purse and haven't had any problems with leakage or crumbs. So, I have to say...
THESE BAGS ARE FABULOUS! AND BPA FREE!
As you are probably already aware, BPA, or "Bisphenol A [is a] chemical commonly found in canned soup and food storage plastics is also used in some plastic wrap and plastic sandwich bags." (Greenhouse Neutral Foundation). In a sentence: BPA is a health concern (in lab testing, caused birth defects!) and so far, there are no limits on the amount of BPA in certain items. I'm sure you've seen "BPA free" on newer water bottles--this is what they're talking about.
1. These bags are cute as can be and fully lined.
2. I packed an entire bag of Chex Mix (8.75 oz) in the big one (to share, of course)
3. No leakage or crumbs so they're safe in your purse.
4. The small bag is about 2 inches bigger than a snack-size baggie.
5. The large size is a little bigger than a sandwich-size baggie.
6. Comes with easy care instructions.
7. No BPA
8. It's time to stock up on reusable pouches!
To get you started, Stephanie is graciously offering 2 snack bags to one lucky reader! Terms and conditions:
1. You must visit Sand and Starfish and then comment, telling me about an item from her shop that you just adore!
2. You must live in the US or Canada (sorry international friends!) & if you're a no-reply blogger, leave an email address!
3. Giveaway ends Saturday, December 4, at midnight.
3. That's it. You don't have to follow, give up your first-born, or do circus tricks. Yeah, that's another giveaway...