So far you’re not being very kind, especially yesterday, but that’s okay because I’m learning resiliency. I asked a lot of 2011 and here’s what worked:
1. Lose weight: 30 pounds, baby! Oh yeah!
2. Opera singing lessons: I was proficient in 3 octaves within 3 months. My teenage son told me one day that I sound good. Yeah, that’s a serious compliment!
3. Find balance: yoga, school, home, work. It’s not perfect but certainly supportive and encouraging intermingling going on there.
4. Continue being lucky: I won so many awesome quilting things it’s bizarre.
This year’s resolutions are:
1. Lose about 15 more pounds and gain strength. Weight training here I come.
2. Go on a date.
3. Finish quilting projects that have been sitting around. One per month would be nice.
4. Simplify: Throw/give things away, unsubscribe from emails, etc.
5. Diet: Eat tasty, nutritional, protein-rich meals at home.
6. Travel somewhere interesting.
7. Continue being lucky.
Seeing as this is a quilting blog, I’m going to start with #3. Quilter in the Gap is hosting a FAL (Finish-a-Long) for those of us who need
a freaking audience or kick in the arse inspiration. And there’s even prizes for the partygoers who get their shitake mushrooms together and finish something.
Item #1: Across the Sea QAL. I love this quilt so far, but it’s been in this condition since September. It needs a back, quilting, and binding.
Item #2: Hollyhocks and Lemondrops quilt. This was started, oh, 2008 maybe. Needs petals, backing, quilting, binding. All those flowers cut by hand. Which is why I’m not giving up on it, even though I’m not quite so in love anymore…
And it looks like this is my 100th post so I’ll need to give something away here pretty quick (oh, that counts as resolution #4, right?)