Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A New Camera for Me Means New Photos for You!

Well, I have plenty to share now that I have a camera! Yeah! It came last night and man is it fancy-schmancy! All these useless buttons—I feel so professional! It even has an “easy” (yes, it’s labeled “easy” on the dial) setting. This setting shows IN BIG LETTERS how many photos left and battery charge. Hilarious! So, here’s the lineup:

This is the “piece of wonky quilted awesomeness” I referred to in a previous post. Not so awesome but it’s okay for my first real foray into improve madness. I plan to outline in the brown dot and then have it sort of “float” on the left-hand side of a lap-sized throw. I’ll post again when it’s finished.



This treasure was a UFO I found hiding downstairs. It’s supposed to be a card-table sized tablecloth but I decided that it’s time to finish it so I quilted & threw on the binding. It’s 28-inch-ish square. And, it matching absolutely nothing! But it’s Done; I needed something Done. You know what I mean, right?


This is an art quilt from Krista Hennebury of Canada. You may recognize her blog: http://poppyprintcreates.blogspot.com/ This woman is seriously talented and I feel fortunate to own one of her creative masterpieces! The quotation reads, “One does not discover new lands without consenting to leave the shore for a very long time.” This is perfect because I’m definitely making changes (not to mention BIG waves) in my life; I see it this little beauty every time I walk out the door and am reminded to persevere.

Last but certainly not least, this is the fabric basket I won from Corky! Isn’t it perfect? I just love it! She asked about my colors and I sent a picture of the painting above the fireplace. What an eye this woman has! Thanks again, Corky!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts become things...choose good ones♥