Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Give my Regards to Aunt Grace's Family

I realize it’s been a while, but someone, somewhere, lost my camera. That darn USPS! But if you ask USPS it’s that darn AMAZON! Amazon is sending another one so I’ll have pictures next week. For my piece of quilting awesomeness, well, that’s not quite as awesome as I had hoped. It’s wonky, yes, but needs a little more oomph. Okay, a lot of oomph. The stars are wonky and I find that I absolutely love this as a start. Build on your successes or burn the evidence that you even tried-- that’s what I tell my students--so I’m going to take my own advice! Just kidding about the burn part, in case you’re new to my insanity. But wait, there’s more stupidity to be uncovered…

I moved into this house over a year ago and guess what I just found? Uh huh, a garbage can: Plastic, colossal, complete with wheels ‘cause no mortal could ever lift it, chock-full of quilting supplies garbage can. I swear, the 30s prints in there have been breeding all this time. Apparently they’ve killed Aunt Grace (in Lord of the Flies fashion no doubt) because her remains are scattered everywhere. OH, what was I thinking?? I suppose this is as good a time as any to add to the New Year’s Resolutions: No more purchasing material until I conquer a few UFOs/USOs (unstarted objects?). I vow to finish one thing between today and tomorrow because the camera should be here Tuesday. I’ll post it!

p.s. Resolution update:

#3, #6: I’m working out 3 times per week, eating healthier, and have lost 3 pounds in January. I rock! Or rather “jingle” seeing as the only open exercise class was belly dancing; that is some serious blackmail footage.

#5: The writing class is going well, I think. I have written one 2-page story and the instructor liked it. No one else in the class did, though. It was too good, right? They just didn’t get it, right? Right?! Hey! Where did everybody go?

#4: Definitely doing more quilting! However, I’m going to stay away from unmarked garbage cans in the basement until I actually hear the cries of mutiny coming from them.

1 comment:

  1. I love the "jingle" of gymclass! You bust me up, Michelle! I keep vowing to not buy more fabric and then magically anothe 50.00 is on my card.....how does this happen? Happy Monday to you and can't wait for pictures of your creations, been too long!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts become things...choose good ones♥