Well, it's been a while. I needed a break so I had one. It was great, thankyouverymuch.
I made an apron (Mary Mulari chatterbox pattern) for my cousin Danielle, but unfortunately, I sent it off before taking a picture. So, imagine this apron:
in this duo (Michael Miller's Dinnerware is the fabric pattern). Darn tootin' cute!
Additionally, I finished this quilt top today.(Kate Spain's Verna fabric line & Natalia Bonner of Piece-n-Quilt's I'm Blushing quilt pattern found on Moda Bake Shop)
I made some serious errors on this quilt when I made the squares. I was so irritated with myself that I put it away for a long time, waiting for the day when I would feel up to spending quality time with a seam ripper.
Well, in the last three months my outlook has really changed: There is no need to ever go back and change something. Move forward, embrace the aberrations, and know that whatever it is, it's supposed to be that way.
So I added strips, made more "errors," and threw in 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 inch seams where it suited the cause. One of the flowers is almost on a diagonal, so I put the centers to the left as if they are leaning towards the sun. ha!