Pages

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Bunnie's Bag. Part Deux.

I'll make a long story short: Remember the Aunt I made the Amy Butler sling bag for? Well, she wanted a Tammy Tadd You Go Girl bag also. This bag is no easy feat, let me tell ya! When everything is said and done, it's about 25 wide, 17 high, and 8 deep. 8 pockets and a key fob inside, 2 big pockets outside. It is the MOTHER of all travel bags. Meets airline requirements for carry on so it's truly perfect in every way. That's right, I said over 2 feet wide!
Moda's Blush fabric line for outer bag and strap insets. The "red" (in actuality is more subdued color) from Blank quilting and is a great match for the cherry tree branches.
I love the side ties♥ The reason it is sitting up so straight is because I used the wrong size interfacing. But hey, this thing is awesome! It might even take a bullet!
The inside is a cool blue solid and I embroidered Aunt Bunnie's name on it (my first shot at embroidery)--I hope she likes it!!

6 comments:

  1. Love the bag. Love the embroidery. Love you! Have a great week next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your aunt will love it! I'm getting ready to work on my birdie bag today. Your fabric combos look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    All that attention to detail, love it and the colours, blues and reds look great. Just dropping in to say thankyou for stopping by and goodluck, I'll be following :-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your aunt is going to treasure that bag! All the love you poured into it really shows. And I like the way you embroidered her name to make it extra special - lovely! Thanks for visiting my blog today. Have a great day!
    -Janine in Japan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that bag! Thanks for entering my giveaway and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You hope she likes it? How could she not?!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts become things...choose good ones♥