Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

Saturday Night Fever!

These Saturday night sew-ins at Tammy Tadd's with host Vicki are really getting me in the groove to make some cool stuff!
This is almost finished...it is the result of a ticker tape technique workshop from the Chicago Modern Quilt Guild. Most of the participants made a wall hanging, but I thought I'd make some hot pads that will look oh-so-fashionable hanging in my kitchen.




















Next, I started this fabulous apron and finished it tonight. I made it for the woman I stay with when I go to Mexico for Christmas. She is one serious baker so I thought it would make a nice Christmas gift. This is one of the easiest patterns I've ever seen and at $6 it's a steal! I HIGHLY recommend this reversible Chatterbox Apron by Mary Mulari:











p.s. and a quick update for those of you who know the back-story:  Supercute is 7 pounds, 9oz, and 18 inches long! His original "due date" was May 15 so at 3 months now, he's doing great! If you click on the photo, you can see his little smiling face.



3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that apron. I LOVE IT! The skull fabric is the best I've ever seen. Way to knock it out of the park girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute is so handsome! Love that fabric and the pattern link. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The apron turned out fabulously! That baby seems to be a perpetual smiler. How sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts become things...choose good ones♥