Pages

Friday, May 7, 2010

Oh, Naughty!

Dear blogging fashiznits,


I am in 7th heaven today. Jennie and I went to Quilt Fabric in Willowbrook and then Prairie Quilt Shop in Batavia.


Quilt Fabric has more batiks than you've ever seen in one place at one time. Except maybe a quilter's show. They make their own jelly rolls--check it out for one-of-a-kind color combinations. Chris, the owner, is quick-witted and ready to go! And look out, her minions are just as spicy!


I spied this lovely kit at the International Quilt Festival in Chicago, but they were out of it. Chris was kind enough to put this one together for me (and even offered to send it free of charge-very thoughtful♥-but really, who can resist a new quilt shop within 50 miles of her house? Not me!) As you can see, it's one of those quilts where the color choices are best left to the professionals. The material on the left is yellow/orange inner border and purple/fuchsia outer border. The purples and fuchsias came out a little more red than they really are but you get the gist. 72 assorted lovely strips. Click on the photo for a better view... I know, just dreamy!:


Then we hit Prairie Quilt Shop where owner Bonita is always smiling and ready to lend a hand picking out fabrics--she's great with color and coordinating! I did not purchase anything. today. tomorrow I'm going back. See what I mean? Oh, naughty!

Yes, I know it's nice to brag, but LOOK WHAT I GOT! I was the big winner on Sunflower Quilts' giveaway. Lucky me!!



p.s. For those of you who do not own an Urban Dictionary, fashiznit is "just a really awesome friend"
Hence, my greeting to you and I hope to be yours!


I'd like to take a quick moment to address all the moms out there! Happy Mother's Day! Here's my tiger at 6 months. Wow, that went FAST!:


1 comment:

Thoughts become things...choose good ones♥