Hello and welcome to 2010! It’s an exciting start to the year!
Ooooh, like lassoing a star, Valori Wells (website) informed me that I won one of her giveaways! Yahoo! I LOVE her designs! Family, fabric, and fun—she totally rocks! Check out her blog for family photos and beautiful photography. Additionally, the best place for a complete selection of her materials (and patterns and kits) is at the Stitchin Post.
I have been super busy this holiday season (hey, who hasn’t?) but I’m thrilled with the idea of all these New Year’s Resolutions I get to break. Truly, it’s the only time you can go back on your word and no one really gets upset about it (just kidding!)
So, here’s my list so far…
1. Learn to sing (opera, preferably)
2. Learn to swim (yeah, I’ve got the basics down but I think more than one stroke would be good)
3. Eat healthier than I did last year
4. More quilting (soothes my nerves)
5. Take a writing class (I need to find out if I have any innate talent)
6. Exercise. I love yoga & pilates so maybe more of those.
7. Run a 5K. This is one my son wants to do together, but it’ll be a stretch…
According to Zen Habits blogger Leo Babuta’s The Definitive Guide to Sticking to Your New Year’s Resolutions Guide post, I’m taking it one step at a time and going sloooow. So, I signed up for a writing class because that does not require the changing of a habit, only adding a new one. Next, I am going to check into swimming classes. And of course, I will have some lovely Valori Wells fabric to play with for the more quilting resolution (I can hardly wait!) I have an entire year to do all these things so I’ll add to my schedule until it feels full and then start a new one once I’ve completed the first one or two.
Feeling good, feeling positive!!