Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

Finally, finally, finally!


Mom’s quilt is done! I washed it (my favorite part); it lost 2 inches in width and 3 inches in length. Upsetting? No way ‘cause it hides all my sewing mistakes. I like it more now that it’s done. I was dreading sewing on the binding because I don’t have TV. So, I went downstairs and found some old CDs to listen to. When I say old, I’m talking about a time when I lived at Clark & Diversey, frequenting the Smart Bar and the Vic Theatre. The playlist included Billy Idol, Concrete Blonde, The Smiths, and Psychedelic Furs. Wow, do I miss wearing bandanas as a skirt, throwing up at other people’s houses and truculent mosh pits. Were those really the glory days?? Anyway, it was an awesome reminder of living in boys’ town and the binding went on fast. Too fast.

3 comments:

  1. Love it!! It really turned out awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the randomness! I love your description of you even more! Off to work but going to enjoy your blog later to see your talents. I like you already!!!!! COme by and see me sometime, silliness and quilting and life in general happens with CELEBRATION always in mind. EM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for accolades--I need encouragement! Next is Jen's quilt and I'm going to do something a little more "liberated..."

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts become things...choose good ones♥